Salary: £30k to £40k
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking to recruit a qualified accountant for the role of client manager into our fast-growing accountancy division. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients as well as developing junior team members. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to enjoy a permanent uplift in their career trajectory that is hard to achieve elsewhere.
At Hive, we strive to deliver more for our clients and for our business. We focus solely on one industry, and our passion to educate and inform the dental industry shapes all that we do.
You will work with a vibrant team of individuals with a diverse skillset who are passionate about delivering an excellent level of service to our clients.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Building close relationships with clients and advising them on complex business issues;
- Setting tax strategies for your client portfolio and ensuring value is added to their experience at every stage;
- Finalising accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
- Delivering completed work to the client;
- Performing ad-hoc tasks to meet the needs of our clients;
- Working with the management team to mentor and develop junior members;
- Undertaking business development responsibilities.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following essential skills:
- Part/Full ACA/ACCA qualified;
- 5 years experience working within a private practice environment;
- A track record of successfully managing a client portfolio, delivering excellent standards of service to meet client needs;
- An ability to communicate complex accounting issues to clients;
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team;
- Experience working directly with senior management;
- Experience managing/mentoring junior staff members;
- And eye for detail and the ability to think outside the box in finding solutions for client issues;
- Knowledge of Xero and TaxCalc favourable. Knowledge of Excel a must.
Everybody at Hive enjoys bespoke flexible working arrangements due to our cloud-based setup and facilities within the Innovation Centre in Truro. Take a look at our Join the Team page for the many other benefits of working at Hive.